Today, the Chancellor set out how this Conservative government will restore economic stability, protect key public services, help tackle inflation, and grow the economy.
Here is what the Chancellor’s statement means for local residents across Runnymede and Weybridge constituency:
- £7.7 billion in additional funding for health and social care in the next two years to improve access to local GPs.
- £2.3 billion in additional core funding for schools in 2023/2024, and a further £2.3 billion in 2024/2025 to help provide good and outstanding secondary school places for every local family.
- Every household is being supported with higher energy bills by extending the Energy Price Guarantee until April 2024, while providing over £12 billion in additional support to help the most vulnerable households with the cost of living.
- Businesses are protected from large Rates increases through a £14 billion business rates package to support high streets.
- Protecting the pensions Triple Lock by increasing the State Pension and Pension Credit in line with inflation.
- Uprating benefits in line with inflation.
The Autumn Budget represents a fair deal for Britain and shows only the Conservatives have a plan to help people and businesses across Runnymede and Weybridge constituency.