Runnymede & Weybridge Conservative Association
0207 219 4055
Member of Parliament for Runnymede and Weybridge
Philip Hammond is the Member of Parliament for Runnymede & Weybridge. He also serves as Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Government.
Philip champions local businesses, particularly through his involvement with the Runnymede and Weybridge Enterprise Forum. He is committed to protecting local services and to speaking up on the major environmental threats of flooding, gravel extraction and new transport infrastructure.
Following the extreme flooding in early 2014 that affected the area very badly, Philip has pledged to work with his colleagues in local and central Government to progress the River Thames Scheme with renewed urgency.
He is a Patron of several local charities, including the White Lodge Centre, which provides support for thousands of disabled children and Egham Museum.
- MP for Runnymede and Weybridge, 1997-
- Shadow Minister for Health, June 1998-Sept 2001
- Shadow Trade & Industry Minister and Shadow Minister for Small Business, Sept 2001-2002
- Shadow Minister for Local Government and Regions, 2002-2005
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury, May 2005-Dec 2005
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions, Dec 2005-July 2007
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury, July 2007-May 2010
- Secretary of State for Transport, May 2010-Oct 2011
- Secretary of State for Defence, Oct 2011- July 2014
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, July 2014 - July 2016
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, July 2016 -
PROUDEST POLITICAL ACHIEVEMENT:
Forcing the Home Office to back down on a plan to locate a hostel for convicted paedophiles in a county mansion it had secretly refurbished in the middle of Runnymede, yards from a primary school.
INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POLITICS:
- Hill-walking in Scotland
- Married to Susan since 1991
- Three children: Amy, Sophie and William (and a dog)